happy saturday, homies. it’s blazing outside, at least to me it is, and i have no desire to step back out into the summer heat. i should be standing outside directly in the sun, preparing for Bonnaroo, but i think when the days actually come, i won’t be thinking so much about the heat because of the kick ass musicians i’m going to see! i leave Wednesday afternoon and i could not be more pumped. we’re caravanning down with some of my bestie bests and i have awesome other friends who i definitely plan on meeting up with throughout the festival. hooray!
this post is dedicated to looking at the list of goals i had for myself at the beginning of May, seeing what i did accomplish and what i can work harder on in the coming months.
- Lose 8-10 pounds in the month of May: i am not sure about this goal. i haven’t weighed myself yet and i’ve made the decision to hold off until we get back from Bonnaroo.
- Exercise at least 4-5 times a week, includi
ng running, biking, swimming, and ellipticalling: while i did not accomplish this at the beginning of May, i have picked my exercise back up in the past couple of weeks, mostly for Bonnaroo and mostly because i have the free time now. i’ll give this half a strike out. Begin a strength training regimen with the free weights or purchase a couple of free weights for my home. this goal includes getting over my fear of the meatheads.hell to the fucking YES i accomplished this. i have been incorporating free weights into almost all of my days of Cardio. i also have my own set of weights. thanks, Rhi!
- Eat out twice a week (at most): herp derp. while i’ve definitely gotten better at this, i still have some work to do in the eating out department. it gets better every week, though.
Try one new recipe a week:this is another goal i have accomplished. hip hip hooray, bitches. Make most of my meals Vegan. this has been easier than i’ve thought, and while i’ve slipped a few times this past week, i’ve been doing a really good job of making a conscious effort in the preparation of my meals. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day:the summer heat really helps this one. Pick out a race in the next two months and register for it:Buffalo Trace 5k in July! also, Iron Horse Half in October.
- Start serious training for the Olympic Triathlon in September: ehhhhhh. i’ve pushed my Triathlon back to next year and i plan on swimming this summer, but serious training for a Triathlon won’t start until later this year.
- Finish my C25k program and begin Bridge25k: while i have not done this, i have upped my pace. progress is progress.
MONEY.broke as a joke, y’all. but, i did manage to save enough money to have enough for Bonnaroo and supplies for Bonnaroo. i get paid Thursday!
- SURVIVE BONNAROO.
- lose 4-7 pounds by June 31st
- only weigh myself twice this month– once after Bonnaroo; once at the end of the month.
- finish C25k and begin bridge to 10k in preparation for the 5k in July.
- swim laps in the outdoor pool at least twice a week
- be kinder to myself and my mistakes
- 8 glasses of water a day
- accept my new age of 24 when the day comes (June 19th!)
- read at least 10 books (i’ve already got 2.5 down!)
- continue to keep parking farther away from the doors at grocery stores/the gym/etc.
- walk to work (i know it’s hot) at least once a week.
- finally, keep a food journal and write down why i crave a food, what triggered the food craving, and find an alternative to that craving that is both satisfying and healthy. healthy habits are formed in these small choices!